Blockchain Gaming Is Here To Stay, But, Is The Industry Facing Talent Scarcity?
Some say that blockchain gaming will encourage the following wave of cryptocurrency adoption. Play-to-earn video games are definitely ever-present in headlines and conversations around the globe. Are they near mainstream adoption? Not within the slightest. The business is simply starting and there’s a protracted solution to go. The corporations producing the video games are nicely funded and make unbelievable quantities of cash. However, they don’t appear to have that many workers.
Related Reading | The 100x ROI for Gamezone’s $GZONE Confirms the Viability of Blockchain Gaming
Besides being a nascent business, blockchain gaming manufacturing requires a particular set of skills that aren’t generally discovered. This presents an immense alternative for younger college students and people trying to pivot and make a profession change. Since monetization is constructed within the ecosystem, likelihood is blockchain gaming is right here to remain. And you will be part of it. Let’s have a look at the numbers and also you’ll see what we imply.
How Big Is The Blockchain Gaming Market?
In his report titled “Blockchain Gaming Beginnings: From Crypto Craze To Decentralized Fun,” creator Joost Van Dreunen provides concrete numbers:
- How many people are taking part in? “Total addressable audience for blockchain gaming is still in its infancy. Mobile, PC, and console total 1.49 billion monthly actives.”
- What units are they utilizing? “The platform of choice is PC, which includes browser-based (40% of total titles), local clients for Windows (16%) and Mac (6%), and Linux (3%)”
- What blockchains are they interacting with? “The most popular blockchain is WAX (36%), based on an aggregation of top titles organized by protocol. Ethereum (10%) is much less prominent.”
- However, “The success of Alien Worlds, which counted 1 million users in August, 2021, almost single-handedly accounts for the success for WAX.”
- “There is a massive difference in popularity among the top titles: Alien Worlds has 59x more players than the #15, Zoo – Crypto World.”
WAX worth chart on Bitfinex | Source: WAX/USD on TradingView.com
What Else Do We Know About The Blockchain Gaming Market?
We discovered much more information for you, let’s dive into the Unique Active Wallets, courtesy of Naavik’s Blockchain Games report:
- Believe it or not, “DappRadar notes that games accounted for over half of blockchain wallet activity in the third quarter.”
- Not solely that, “blockchain gaming daily unique active wallets (UAWs) averaged 1.2 million in October 2021 or up 44% compared to September.”
- Let’s dive deeper into these numbers. “The growth in UAW over the past month has mostly been driven by growth in Axie Infinity and Splinterlands wallet activity, which have increased 24% and 57%, respectively.”
- This one mirrors the earlier report. “The top title by monthly UAWs, Alien Worlds, has 10x the activity as the number ten title, Jelly Squish.”
- September 2021 noticed a decline in blockchain gaming, however the numbers are as soon as once more wanting spectacular. “Trading volumes grew 762% quarter-over-quarter in Q3 2021 to $2.32 billion.”
What’s All That Noise About A Talent Shortage?
The wildest stat in Van Dreunen’s report is the variety of workers essentially the most profitable corporations within the house perform with. Dapper Labs employs 242, Mythical Games 123, The Sandbox 94. Projects which can be on the information on a regular basis undergo the identical destiny, Decentraland has 52 workers and Open Sea 43. Compare that to, “to 9,500 f/t employees at Activision Blizzard, 11,000 at Electronic Arts, 6,495 at Take-Two Interactive, and 960 at Roblox.”
While we may interpret that the information reveals we’re coping with environment friendly corporations, Van Dreunen thinks in any other case. “A year-over-year improve of +102% in headcount throughout prime blockchain recreation devs signifies that expertise is more likely to grow to be a serious bottleneck looking for the killer app.“ It could also be so, however, that was till NewsBTC printed this text. Young people studying this may understand the immense alternative it represents and can take the suitable measures.
Related Reading | Blockchain Gaming Enthusiasts Can Now Swap ATRI Tokens Faster And Cheaper
Remember that, apart from in-game monetization, these corporations elevate cash for brand new tasks consistently and with ease. That means, “Abundant investment money will force firms to compete on hiring experienced developers, engineers, and producers in the short term.” They’re dying to rent you. Go and get the required information, this story is simply beginning.
Featured Image: Matryx on Pixabay | Charts by TradingView