Zcash Developers Update 4-16-2021 – Zcash Community
Here are your weekly Zcash updates:
- Zcash is now supported by a US publicly traded firm. That’s fairly wonderful.
- “Privacy will become a more popular investment theme.” Barry Silbert namedrops Zcash in his first interview in eight months.
- Former CIA director Michael Morell revealed a paper on Bitcoin’s use in illicit finance. The paper was commissioned by Crypto Council for Innovation (whose members embody Coinbase, Fidelity Digital Assets, and Square). While this may increasingly appear good for Bitcoin, the paper makes some regarding conclusions about mass surveillance and crime. Check out Josh’s thread for extra context.
- New Release 4.4.0 permits zcashd to be configured to optionally expose an HTTP server that acts as a Prometheus scrape endpoint.
- This week, ECC introduced Halo Arc and Unified Addresses. Both of those bulletins sign a brand new period for Zcash – one that’s shielded by default, with out the trusted setup and with out the challenges of a number of deal with codecs.
Mark your calendars –
In the information (apart from Coinbase), Oklahoma is launching a state-wide ALPR (automated license plate readers) program utilizing mass surveillance as a solution to acquire extra income.“Policing is not about crime control or public safety but about the regulation of people’s lives — their movements and modes of being in the world.” AI researchers boycott Google after the firing of Timnit Gebru.
The Winklevoss twins can be on the May cowl of Forbes .Nigierian artists dabble with NFTs. MEV (miner extratable worth) is a rising concern (and interesting subject!) for Ethereum. Don’t miss the March Roundup from ZKMesh.
That’s all for this week of us!